Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Berlin: Post 2

After a couple of days wandering the city and exploring Berlin and taking in the culture and observing some of the social justice issues in the city, today was the first day of creating. I had been struggling with what aspect I would create from. Would I be musical or take pictures? As the days had progressed I've felt a pull to use my musical abilities.

So today I sat in a round table with my musician friends and discussed ideas and passed on going to take pictures. I was a little bummed about not going out and taking pictures but I was excited about the idea of working on music with other people and collaborating. So I got to write a song with the wonderful and talented Tiffany Thompson. I've never worked on writing a song with another person before. I was mostly nervous about my ability to contribute to the process.

After a handful of moments of awkward silence, an idea for the song was born, chords were written, a melody put in place, and the song writing process was in full swing. Beside coming up with a killer song, it was an awesome experience of getting work with someone and have your ideas help and compliment each other in creating a single minded piece of art.

I look forward to the next 2 days of continuing to create and collaborate with others and seeing what kind of awesome songs we can come up with.

No comments: