Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dear Future Wife. Cookies. I Love Them!

I will be honest right from the start. Part of my reasoning for writing this blog is to get free cookies. I'll admit that I'm not above throwing out that I love cookies on the internet in hopes that girls who might be pining for my affection will in fact bring me cookies. Sorry world, I am willing to sink that low. It's terrible. You would not be wrong in judging me.

But the title of this blog could have just been a tweet and it would have accomplished my goals. So because I'm writing a blog, there must be more to say on the subject that is less shallow then just wanting cookies from pretty girls (which I will still accept).

Don Miller posted a blog this week about making a list of things you want in your future spouse. This is the same advice I gave a friend of mine a couple weeks ago and its advice that I myself have undertaken.

One of the things I put in my list is likes to bake. No spiritual or emotional significance to this, I just want a girl that likes to bake.

I grew up in a house where baking happened all the time. My mom bakes constantly. She bakes because she wants to most of the time. And I, as someone who enjoys eating baked goods, like this. And we all know that guys want to marry girls like their mom so... Obviously, my future wife should also enjoy baking.

Two years ago for Christmas my mom filled my stocking with all sorts of assorted breads and muffins. It was awesome. Christmas time is like cookie heaven at the Patton household. I don't think my brother-in-law desired cookies at Christmas the way he does now until he started dating my sister. Seriously guys, there are all sorts of cookies. Oatmeal Scotchies, Gingerbread Men, Snicker Doodles, Ginger Snaps, Peanut Butter. Not to mention eggnog bread, coffee cakes, and all sorts of other yummy treats.

Favorite Christmas Cookie Pastime: Breaking and eating JUST the heads off the Gingerbread Men.

Too be fair my love of baked goods doesn't just come from my mom baking all the time. My grandfather bakes too. His cinnamon rolls... I would kill a man for his cinnamon rolls. The knowledge that my grandfather will be around always makes me happy because it generally means there will be cinnamon rolls or homemade doughnuts. Both are excellent.

So I love cookies. And pies, cupcakes, breads, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and other sweet and delicious baked goods.

No comments: