Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Great Disney Trip of 2011

So I just spent a week in Florida at Disney World, aka the Happiest Place on Earth. If you judge that last statement by some of my siblings that went you wouldn't believe me but it is. How can one not be happy at Disney World? Members of my family found a way but it didn't ruin my general excitement and merriment.

We started at Hollywood Studios where it was Star Wars Weekend. Lots of Storm Troopers and various Star Wars characters wandering around the park. It was pretty awesome. New ride at Hollywood Studios was Toy Story Midway Mania. I love the Toy Story franchise and this ride was awesome. You just get to shoot things. And shooting things is great. I never won... But still had fun (I'm a terrible shot).

The Magic Kingdom was magical (duh). Animal Kingdom and Epcot aren't my favorite parks but both were fun. Pictures will be posted over at Facebook.

It was hot and I already hate the summer heat that has yet to hit DC. It's going to be brutal and I will be unhappy. Seriously... People actually like the summer weather?

My one complaint is the general lack of toys. Toon Town is closed because they're expanding Fantasy Land and I imagine all action figures would have been at Toon Town. I wanted a Mr. Incredible action figure and a Wall-E action figure so... EBay here I come. Disney's thing at the moment is these collectible Vinylmation toys and pins. They're cool. All the figures are Mickey Mouse but painted to look like your favorite Disney characters. Some were awesome... Some were lame. The biggest bummer was you couldn’t pick which one you get. You grab a box in the series you want and hope it's awesome. I grabbed too Toy Story boxes and got Hamm and Rex. The best figures were the Nightmare Before Christmas, which you could pick and choose but they were more expensive. I, of course, got a Jack Skeleton. I also picked up too of the pins, Jack Jack and Mr. Incredible. The Dalmatian was the best pin but I couldn't find one when I went to get it so... It didn't happen.

Of yeah, my playlist for the week?

Anberlin – Blueprints for the Black Market
Anberlin – Never Take Friendship Personal
Ascend the Hill – Hymns
August Burns Red – Messengers
The Chariot – Wars and Rumors of Wars
Emery – Favorites Mix
Jeremy Enigk – World Waits
In the Midst of Lions – The Heart of Man
In the Midst of Lions – Out of Darkness
A Plea For Purging – Depravity
A Plea for Purging – The Marriage of Heaven and Hell
Sigur Ros – ( )
Sleeping Giant – Sons of Thunder
War of Ages – Eternal
War of Ages – Arise and Conquer
Your Memorial – Atonement

Fun times. Now to enjoy my 3 day weekend.

No comments: