Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Food Review?: Extra Dessert Delights - Mint Chocolate Chip

Yep, I'm reviewing gum.

I used to chew gum constantly. Always had a pack and was always chewing. And then a year and a half ago I stopped. No real reason just stopped chewing gum. So I was in Target yesterday and because I'm heading to Disney in a couple days I decided to get some gum or my trip.

I've been eying Extra's Mint Chocolate Chip gum for a while. I mean, a gum based off one of my top five favorite ice cream flavors. Even though it's sugar free, it has to be good right?

Well... Like all my food reviews, this one isn't positive. The gum isn't terrible... It's just not that enjoyable. First off, the gum smells great. A good starting sign, or so I thought. You're first hit with just mint. Normal, boring mint gum. And then you get an underwhelming chocolate taste.

And then you finally get that Mint Chocolate Chip taste... Well, at least what low fat, sugar free, awful crappy ice cream tastes like. It's not very pleasant and made me a little ill to my stomach.

It makes me sad. I had high hopes. And yet again, I was let down.

No comments: