Sunday, May 31, 2009

Unite

Game 2 tonight. I'm looking forward to the Wings taking a 2-0 series lead in Pittsburgh.

I'm not sure I really want to talk about the lowest form of music every created (so far) because I will just become angry and there is a chance someone comes along, reads my post, listens to a song, and falls in love with music that I can only describe as utter shit. So I won't. If you do read this and happen to like the new wave of screamo/crunk/pop/fashioncore/douchescene music... I feel very sorry for you.

Instead I want to talk about an album that I really don't give enough credit as to how influential it was in my life. The OC Supertones second album "Supertones Strike Back". That's right ska! I was obsessed with this album and the Supertones (which ended very quickly with the release of Chase the Sun and my discovery of hardcore). I loved this album. I Love this album. If played at this very moment I will jump and start skankin. The lyrics now seem mildly corny and it's a very christian album and band but musically it's great. It's good ska. I will let the music speak for itself.









No comments: