Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

I'm not sure what exactly to say this Easter. I know the last 2 years I've just posted Isaiah 53 and the lyrics to Amazing Grace but that doesn't seem right this year.

Forgiveness is good. Like true forgiveness, where you deserve it not at all. The kind that hurts to receive. It feels good. I think it's ashamed that's not how we feel about the forgiveness of God (at least I know I don't). If I believe what the bible says then I deserve to die and spend eternity in hell. That sucks. But I've put my faith in God, who loves me and sent his son to die for my sin, so I can receive forgiveness and be considered righteous in his eyes. That's Awesome!

Yet when I ask for forgiveness how come do I rarely feel the pain of having caused God great hurt that I do when hurting others? Momentary guilt at times but I hate thinking that all my repentance is empty. Thinking about what God did to forgive me, and save me, and make me righteous... it seems hollow to ask for a clean slate and not feel anything more then slight remorse.

No comments: