Friday, October 10, 2008

Building a Better Me

I'm headed on vacation Sunday. I'm really looking forward to getting out of the area and just relaxing and refreshing. My mind, body, and spirit all need this vacation. I'm on a cruise that goes through Canada and New England. I can't wait to get out of town.

When I get back I'm looking forward to recording and finishing the Echo Broke Alone record and working on a brand new musically endeavor with a friend of mine.

I don't have a whole lot to say but I want to leave you with three songs that are really speaking to me right now.

"How could you love someone like me? What have I done for you? All of the times I’ve turned my back. Things I did not think through. But you still care for me in spite of what you’ve seen. You shed your blood for me even though I do not deserve your grace. You’ve shown your faithfulness. Please help me do the same. I am so thankful for my life. I could not ask for more. I don’t want to just take up space. I’ve already wasted so much time. You shed your blood for me even though I do not deserve your grace. You’ve shown your faithfulness. Please help me do the same."
Slick Shoes - Constancy

"I killed the Son of God today.
I built the cross where He was slain.
My sins,
The hands that held the hammer that drove the nails through His skin.
Someday I win.
I want to make it up.
I want to die to myself for You.
It makes me fall apart,
When I think of all that You went through.
I owe my all to You. (I owe my all to You)

Because when it came to do or die.
You died for me,
Though I would be nothing perfect,
For human eyes to see.

My hands are Yours for works.
My eyes will seek until I've found You.
My legs will walk the earth,
Until You tell me my work is through.
I want to make it up,
I want to die to myself for You,
You are the one that I love,
I owe my all to you. (I owe my all to you)

I met the Son of God today,
He said "I forgive you for My pain",
He took my sin that held the hammer that drove the nails through His skin,
He said I win.

I'm a new creation through You,
Created for You by You.
So make me worth Your while,
Put me to use."
Dogwood - Do or Die



Dogwood - Building a Better Me

No comments: