Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stranded Under Endless Skies

So I saw Hammock Sunday night. Incredible, moving, spiritual, great experience. I was so excited to see them live. I bought a copy of their new record "Maybe They Will Sing for Us Tomorrow" and it's mind blowing. I have nothing bad to say about Hammock. Their is something deeply moving and spiritual about their music. It is without a doubt the most meaningful music in my life. From the very first listen to the new record. I've always been touched in some way.

The first time I ever heard Hammock was December 20 something the year Kenotic came out. I had gotten my car stuck in the snow. I had the Burnt Toast Vinyl christmas mix on my cd player and Winter Light came on. I had a great sense of peace come over me and I put that song on repeat. Didn't change songs for 20 plus minutes. I got online and bought the cd that night. Always Wishing You Were Somewhere Else and Take a Drink from My Hands have brought me to tears on separate occasions (I just had Always Wishing on my cd player and broke down). Monday I was listening to the new record at work and as soon as "Maybe They Will Sing for Us Tomorrow" came on something hit me and I started to tear it up.


They're a great band and their records should be bought and enjoyed in full.


No comments: