Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stars in the Rearview Mirror

All this rain in DC the last month has really been a downer. I know I said I like rainy days but not for my entire spring. I also love being outdoors in nice weather.

I took a phone call and between writing that first line and now my original train of thought is gone. But I'll go with this. God always seems to bring along people into my life to help shape me and guide me at times that seem critical to me. I'm always blessed in different ways by the relationships that come and go in my life. Reflection backwards is always where I see how something impacted me at that moment.

I know there are things in my life God wants to change and I know what they are and since lent ended I've been struggling with moving to see aspects of my life alter toward who God wants me to become.

I'm not going to hazard a guess as to why certain things happen or why certain people become part of my life. I think it's more important to thankful and take advantage of the time we have with those God has given us for whatever moment of time we have with them. There are things to be learned from everybody and I try not to discredit anyone for any reason.

Having said all that I'm really grateful for Car. I'm glad God has allowed me to be a part of her life and vice versa. I can see past experiences helping to shape who I want to be and who I want to be to her and for her. I have a lot I could say but I'll keep myself to that. It's nice to have someone who will accept your past as who you were and help you along as you grow and will let you help them grow. I feel blessed beyond measure.

No comments: