Monday, December 10, 2007

The Highway Moves Tonight

It's been a week. Let's see if we can have an awesome little round-up. It snowed last week (yay!). First snow of the year and it was a bloody mess. I got to work more or less right when the snow started. Which was cool for me. I was at work on time. The fun was everyone else out on the road in the morning. See, here in good ole DC we don't do to well when it snows. And by snow I mean weather. Any sort of weather can mess up traffic. Cloudy is about the only kind of good traffic weather in DC. So good job to the Maryland, Virginia, and District's Department of Transportation. It was a good way to kick of the season and our hopes are once again high that you can take care of roads in case of any big storm (not!)

But I love the snow. I loved driving and watching it fall aboout me, I loved looking out the window at the snow(first year at work I get to look out a window). Traffic is a bitch when it snows but the beauty of it makes it worth it.

I've started reflecting on the last year. Looking back at how I've grown and what God has been doing in me. Without saying too much, I'm really happy with where God has brought me from and where I believe I'm going. I feel I'm more comfortable as myself then I have ever been, and I've found a place where I can be and worship God as I am and express myself as I am and not worry about fitting into any mold. I've made good friends this year and have lost close friends for one reason or another. I think for the first time this year I've really grasped the idea that God loves me, and he loves me because he made me and it's not about what I say or how I act. It's because I'm his. It's sad that as simple an idea this is, that it's missed so often by so many and it took me a while to grasp this concept.

I leave you with a song lyric. LN did a cover of "Softly and Tenderly" that still sends chills up my spine.

"Oh, for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me!
Though we have sinned, He has mercy and pardon,
Pardon for you and for me."

No comments: