Sunday, July 29, 2007

Rainy Day Reflections

Today was a rainy day. We've gone most the summer without rain but today it rained. And I reliezed I like rainy days. Just sitting inside or on the porch looking out into the darkness of day. To hear the water hit againist your roof (or the sound of water dripping into a bucket as it leaks from your roof). I sat inside reading Rick McKinley's book "Jesus in the Margins" while listening to "LP2" by Sunny Day Real Estate (you know, the pink album) and Pedro the Lion's "Control".

As August approaches, I have a real sense of sadness come over me. I'm excited for Casablanca on the mall, and seeing Unwed Sailor, and excited to find a place and move. But with August comes my friends heading back to grad school. Not that I've gotten to hang with them as much as I would've liked but I enjoy having my best friends in the area and around me. Life happens. People get older, they to school, they move away, they get married, they have kids. You move on and grow up to become whatever is it you will become. It's not a sense of lonliness that I feel but a sense of absence.

Despite that statement I feel some of my relationships are better at a distance. It's weird to me that I will talk to people more when they're away then when they're accesible. It also makes me wonder if there's something about me that people don't want to be around me? But I think I'm just being paranoid.

No comments: